TAKE PART IN OUR STEM VOLUNTEER PROGRAM IN TANZANIA
Are you passionate about STEM education and want to make a difference in the lives of young people in Tanzania?
We are currently seeking volunteers to join our team as educators and help us empower students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the 21st century!
As a volunteer with our organization, you will have the opportunity to:
- Teach STEM subjects to students in primary and secondary schools
- Assist in the co-creation of curricula with local teachers
- Conduct teacher training and workshops
- Participate in community outreach programs to promote STEM education
- Work with local organizations to promote STEM education and career opportunities
- Gain valuable experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Make a positive impact in the lives of Tanzanian students and communities
About the Project
The program aims to mediate the STEM values, support and accelerate the shift of science education in Africa to become more student-centered, meaningful and hands-on, through a train-the-trainer approach.
Our highly qualified and experienced team members will conduct extensive training sessions on STEM with you before you travel to Africa, in order for you to be prepared for any educational needs on the field. Together, we aim to support your development as a volunteer and reinforce your knowledge, passions and potential.
The first two days you will assist the SciCo team in the “train-the-trainer” session with educators of the area who will participate in the program and run it with their students. The next days you will take over the significant role of “supporters”, being present and assisting in the classrooms, during the implementation of the program, ensuring that everything is running smoothly. You will also be asked to fill in a short report on your experience within a week from your return.
At a glance:
Duration: One Week
Dates : 12-19 and 19-26 August 2023 (two groups of 20 volunteers)
Location: Gongo, Mkange and Matipwili villages
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- Accommodation at Miseni Retreat (7 nights)
- All meals and water throughout your stay at Miseni retreat (three meals per day)
- Transport to and from Miseni to the project location
- Project equipment and materials for the students and teachers (e.g. STEM kits)
- Supervision and guidance by the SciCo team (prior to arrival and on the field)
- Online trainings on STEM by SciCo experts prior to arrival
- Swahili introductory lesson by our local educator prior to arrival
- Cultural awareness course by our local educator
- Social events and eco activities with other volunteers
- Networking event prior arrival with all volunteers participating in the project to get to know each other and share information
- Fundraising online training
- Visa support and advice
- Post-project networks and activities to remain conscious citizens
- Certificate of Completion
*By being part of this project you help local educators acquire full-time job, as they are running our programs on a permanent basis and also you support the mission of SANA- Saving Africa's Nature.
Travel costs are excluded.
For information about the participation fee and more details on the project contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to reach you.
Accommodation and food conditions
In a beautiful location, in the heart of Miseni forest, you will experience a fully sustainable and eco-friendly camp. You will stay at the Miseni Retreat, the magical place that the organization SANA (Saving Africa's Nature) is temporarily hosted in. Our accommodation will be in tents and rooms for 2, 3 and 4 people, with shared toilets and showers, which will be enough for everyone. The Miseni Retreat has been designed to be eco-friendly and green with almost zero impact to the surrounding environment!
There may not be the luxuries you are used to at home, but the whole setting is unique! The view and landscapes are enchanting and the people are extremely hospitable.
You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner at Miseni Retreat. The food is basically vegetarian, traditional African, not spicy. The water is filtered/bottled.
What you need to join us:
- Fluency in English Language
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Passion about our mission
While experience in teaching or volunteering in a developing country and studies in STEM-related fields are desirable, they are not required. We provide training and support to all volunteers to ensure they are prepared for their role.
Join us and have a significant impact on the development of Tanzania by improving the quality of education, inspiring students to pursue STEM careers, and promoting community development!
If you’re all in, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a motivational letter and let us know why you want to join us! We look forward to hearing from you and working together to make a difference in Tanzania!
Comments are closed.