To make this website work properly, and to provide the most relevant products and services to our site visitors and members, we place small data files called cookies on your device. This statement provides you with information about cookies and how to control them for this website.
What is a Cookie?
When you visit our website, it may store or retrieve information in your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information, normally consisting of just letters and numbers, that are stored to your browser or your computer's hard drive. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is typically used to make the site work as you expect it.
What Types of Cookies We Use?
There are two broad categories of cookies: First party cookies, served directly by us to your device and third-party cookies, which are served by a third party e.g. Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are “session cookies”, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the website to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
This website uses the following Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. This category of cookies cannot be disabled and do not require your consent.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies allow our site to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language, preferences, or region) to provide a more personalized online experience. These cookies collect information that may be anonymous but may also include personal information that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, the site's performance and functionality may be affected, and access to content on the site may be restricted.
- Performance Cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, length of time spent on the site, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works.
- Advertising/Targeting cookies and Similar Technologies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement and be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks. They are usually placed by third-party advertising networks with a website operator’s permission but can be also placed by the operator. These cookies can remember that you have visited a website, and this information can be shared with other organizations, including other advertisers. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
Due to the nature and the way the internet works, as soon as you visit our website, our server records to log files your IP address, which is considered as personal data, even if we are unable to identify you on our own basis through this information.
In addition, our logs help us also record the type of browser and operating system you are using and other information about your online visit, such as the URL from which you reached our website, the date and time of your visit your visit.
These data are stored exclusively for the time necessary to ensure the security of networks, information and services from accidental events or illegal or malicious actions that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of the stored or transmitted data.
- Social Media Cookies - These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we may have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and social or professional networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
How to accept, control and delete our Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies do not require your consent. For performance, functionality, advertising/targeting and social media cookies, we request your consent (by the “accept ALL cookies” button or through our cookie settings or your browser cookie settings) before placing them on your device.
If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw your consent to any performance, functionality, advertising/targeting or social media cookies at any time, you will need to modify your preferences in the Cookie Settings or delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details or you can click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser:
Please note that disabling or blocking some or all the categories of cookies will affect the functionality of the website and may impact your access and experience with our website and the services we are able to offer.
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, www.allaboutcookies.org or https://cookiepedia.co.uk/ which contain general information about cookies and comprehensive information on how to modify the cookie settings on a wide variety of browsers and how to delete cookies from your computer.
Last updated: 10/10/2020