GENERATION NEXT IS A UNIQUE EXTRA-CURRICULAR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
WHICH EMPOWERS EDUCATORS AND STUDENTS VIA STEM AND DEVELOPS THEIR DIGITAL COMPETENCE
The program invites young students and educators across geographical areas in Greece, to engage with the STEM methodology, build knowledge and skills through digital tools collaborate, identify issues in their communities and develop their own ideas to solve them through real-life, hands-on projects.
Generation Next is aimed at both the educational community (teachers and students) and the public, while all its activities are being offered free of charge.
Its main pillars involve:
- a digital educational platform which offers free educational content
- a national STEM contest, for secondary school students, in the context of which, teenagers from all over the country are invited to identify a problem in their local society, collaborate and propose together a solution, utilizing the knowledge they receive from the program, participating in a unique, experiential learning experience
- the organization of 10-week extracurricular STEM workshops in remote and underprivileged areas (STEM Labs)
- online classrooms for educators of primary and secondary education
- a higher-education program for educators in STE(A)M, in collaboration with the Hellenic Open University
- a mentorship program and in collaboration with The Tipping Point
Generation Next has received approval from the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs for all its educational activities.
Since 2017, has reached a total of 112,000 beneficiaries, while students from 131 different municipalities in Greece have submitted a total of 721 projects to the national contest.
The program has stood out for its substantial impact on Greek society as a tool for empowering young people, winning a significant award in 2019, the Sustainable Success Award, as part of the internationally recognized Mariano Mariano Gago Ecsite Awards.
Since 2022 is implemented also in Albania, in collaboration with the Vodafone Albania Foundation and the Ministry of Education of Albania. During the program, STEM Labs are implemented at secondary schools in various locations of the country.
Generation Next (formerly STEMpowering Youth) is implemented by SciCo since 2017, with the academic contribution of Ellinogermaniki Agogi and the support of the Vodafone Foundation.